How IRENE is funded?
With a lot of help from our friends!
The majority of the time required to provide technical support, register and verify accounts and work on upgrades and improvements to the system is donated by the staff at Vetrol Data Systems, Inc.
Help support IRENE
- Use The Vetrol Connection for your internet access. Individual and businesses that use our fee based lines are helping to defray the cost of the free community access lines.
- Have Vetrol's Internet Division create your web presence. Every dollar collected by the Internet Division of Vetrol Data Systems, Inc. for web site development goes to support IRWIN/IRENE.
- Donate your (still working) used computer equipment. Many of these machine can be refurbished or the parts used to help build IRENE's "lending library" of equipment.
- Donate your talent. From computer repair to training, your skills are needed. Note: Unfortunately we don't have the time to teach you how to fix a computer, do programming, or create a lesson plan. That's why we need you!
- Donate good old fashioned cash. Your entire contribution will go towards either the purchase of new equipment, software or upgrades and maintenance of IRWIN/IRENE.
The School District of Indian River County has been a staunch supporter of IRENE. They have been the entity through which application was made for grant monies in both 1992 and 1994 to help upgrade hardware, purchase software, install additional telephone lines and provide the initial connection to the internet.
Until the 501.c3 status is acquired for The IRENE Foundation, your tax deductible contributions to IRENE may be made through The Education Foundation or The Volunteer Action Center. The community thanks you for your support.