- Founded 1983, presently about 160 Members.
- We seek members that are Active, Retired, and Former Officers of the seven Uniformed Services.
- Membership is open to spouses of either living or deceased members (as above) – as Auxiliary or Associate Members.
- Annual Scholarship awards to one each senior Air Force and Navy JROTC cadets at Vero Beach HS and Sebastian River HS.
Additional Membership Information
- Monthly Meetings – usually a dinner or luncheon on the third Wednesday of the Month. Our meetings include a social hour, an excellent meal, and a program at a local restaurant. No meetings in August.
- Meetings include a November Military Ball and a Christmas Dinner Dance
- Special events are planned to raise Scholarship Funds and the Veterans Assistance Funds
- Indian River Chapter is an active member of the Indian River Veterans Council: we donate funds to the Veterans Hospital Extended Care in West Palm Beach, the Florida Veterans Hospital in Lake City, and the Veterans Council.
- A Monthly News Letter keeps members up to date on pertinent legislative affairs, both state and federal, local happenings, future meeting agendas, and Personal Affairs, (which committee provides assistance, remembrance, and solace in the event of death of members.)
- Ladies Club – an informal ladies group which has monthly luncheons, a Bridge Group, “Needlers,” and a Book Club – dues $9.00/year.
Dues are annual, due January 1 of each year, and are as follows:
- Regular Dues only $20/year; $10 after July 1
- Auxiliary or Associate Dues only $10/year; $5 after July 1